*This is for the class only option* For the Class + Kit, please click here.
Ready to step away from your phone, unwind & do something new for you?
Join the Third Piece team for an experience that is open to everyone from first time knitters or knitters looking for a quick and cozy project; The Sofie Sweater Knit - A - Long.
The Sofie sweater is laidback laid back and has an effortless silhouette, that is comprised of the basics of knitting techniques, which makes it perfect for everyone.
Over three interactive virtual sessions, you will learn all of the skills to knit this cozy, yet stylish knit that you will live in whenever there is a chill in the air.
The Class Only Option Knit-a-long includes:
- The Sofie Sweater Pattern ($10)
- 3 Virtual Technique Driven Workshops ($25ea)
- $10 of each ticket price will be donated to the Child Mind Institute.
Class Dates: Monday's at 7:00 pm EST (*will be recorded and shared with participants) on the following dates:
- Session 1: January 31st
- Session 2: February 7th - (two week break) will include a social drop-in between 2nd & 3rd
- Session 3: February 21st
Sizing - As part of the class, we will cover sizing and how to alter to fit you! Please note this sweater was designed with an oversized and comfy fit. Please refer to the Women's US Dress sizing conversion below:
If in between sizes, recommend sizing down. Review measurement details below:
- Bust: Approximately 42" (46, 50, 54, 58)
- Sleeve Length: (from top of drop sleeve ):17'(18,18, 18, 18)"
- Body Length: (from top of neck rib to bottom edge):20(22, 24,26, 28)"
Yarn, Tools & Materials: The Sofie Sweater was designed with a Bulky Weight Yarn (#5). We recommend the following:
- Bulky Weight Yarn - 800 - 1200 Grams
- Size 1 (US 2-6) - 800 Grams / 664 Yards
- Size 2 (US 8-12) - 1000 Grams / 830 Yards
- Size 3 (US 14-16) - 1000 Grams / 830 Yards
- Size 4 (US 18-20) - 1200 Grams / 997 Yards
- Size 5 (US 22-24) - 1200 Grams. 997 Yards
- Size 17 Knitting Needles - Straight or corded - 24" Cord
- Measuring Tape
- Darning / Tapestry Needle
Classes purchased as part of kits are non-refundable.
A minimum of 48 hours notice is required to withdraw from a registered class to be eligible to transfer to future class date or receive class credit only. (Not eligible for product purchase credit or private Knit Bar).